Best clinics for PRP(Platelet-rich plasma) for skin rejuvenation in Brisbane
Cosmetic PRP is a revolutionary cosmetic treatment that rejuvenates the skin, resulting in a youthful appearance.
What does PRP for skin involve?
A nurse will take your blood (like a normal blood test).
The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to isolate the PRP which contains a large concentration of growth factors and platelets integral to healing and regeneration.
- The area to be treated is washed and local anaesthetic cream is applied.
- The PRP is then injected directly into the area to be treated.
- The whole process takes approximately 60-90 minutes.
How does PRP treatment for skin work?
PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) contains a high proportion of cytokines, white blood cells and growth factors vital for the regeneration of tissue. Growth factors in the PRP stimulate cells called dermal fibroblasts, increasing their replication and production of collagen and elastin. These are responsible for tissue strength and elasticity, which are often lost in aging.
PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) also stimulates adipocytes which are responsible for facial fullness and reduction of naso-labial folds and smile lines. The result is tissue growth, a reduction in wrinkles and a more youthful complexion!
If you wish to boost your collagen production, you can combine your PRP treatment with a thread lift at our clinic for even better results.
Some uses of Cosmetic PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) include:
- Overall anti-aging
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven or dull skin tone
- Dehydrated and dry skin
- Fine, thin crepe skin around the eyes, neck and back of hands
- Scar improvement
- Improving skin elasticity
- Hair growth
How does PRP differ from mainstream treatments?
When compared to current mainstream cosmetic treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections and fillers, PRP differs in several ways:
- It is natural and harmless. PRP is made from a sample of your own blood, without any additives, so there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
- PRP does not work by reducing the movement of the muscles of facial expression, so will not result in paralysis.
Its effects last longer. While the effects may take several weeks to develop, they last longer than anti-wrinkle injections or fillers.
- PRP can be used with other cosmetic treatments such as mesotherapy, microneedling and thread lifts.
How should I prepare for my PRP treatment?
Drink plenty of water and eat healthily prior to the treatment.
Vitamin E and fish-oil tablets should be avoided 2-3 days prior to your treatment as they can increase bruising.
Avoid taking blood thinning medications, as they can also increase bruising.
Please let us know if you are taking any of the above.
Please note that some people experience mild bruising in treated areas. This is normal and should subside in a few days.
The procedure will take approximately 60 minutes, and the PRP treatment is usually performed every 4 to 6 weeks for two sessions.
- One session is :$399
- Two sessions: $699
for upper/lower face or neck